logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Let's Talk Avatar Legends: One Edition
lilchro2010
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:27:50 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I forsee another Avatar Legends exclusive to Xbox One (eventually), and excited about Tee Golf till then. But Let's start a little topic up with the next sequel to the wild popular game Avatar Legends. What would you like to see? What did they do well? What do you wish they'd improve on. It's never too early to start brainstorming ideas. They could look back on this post 1-2 years from now.

New Enemies?
File Browser?
Simple Map System? (Aka AL2360)
Indepth Map System? (Aka AL1)
Cross Download? (Steam / Console)
More Weapons / Armor / Buildings / Ect?
Online Multiplayer (Campaign / Competitive / Cooperative)
Monthly Updates?
Seasonal New Official Campaigns (From Barker)

What do you all want to see?
barkers crest
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 12:36:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Is it still Avatar Legends if the game doesn't have Xbox Avatars in it?
iDemogoblin
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:30:04 AM(UTC)
iDemogoblin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When I first saw this post, I got super excited, thinking this might have been an announcment for a XB1 remake of the original Avatar Legends. Still, I'm always glad to see people still talking about one of my all-time favorite 360 games.

But that does bring up a question. Would something like that be possible? A re-release of Avatar Legends/AL 2360 with updated graphics on the XB1 would be something I would definitely be into.

And yes Mr. Crest, it would still be Avatar Legends, even without the avatars. I would have to come up with a new way to dress up my NPCs, but the essence would still be there.

Now let's talk about the question at hand. What do I want from a new AL game? Being someone who dumped a ton of hours into both games, I would really like to see a melding of the two games.

-The combination of multiplayer and single player from 2360, but with the stories charm of the original AL.
-The leveling system of 2360
-The combat system of 2360 (still the best combat system in an indie game on XB360), but bring it back to the "medieval" time period of the original AL. Bows would rock.
-I'm fine with the idea of not letting me create my own maps in Creative mode. I'm NOT fine with only having 3 maps, with 2 of them bring carbon copies of each other.
-The streamlining of Creative mode from 2360, but with enough options to make it as enjoyable as the original.

Let's be frank about one thing real quick. The original AL was a top-selling indie game on the 360. The sequel, 2360, not so much. The original had possibly the most robust Creative mode of any RPG on the 360. The sequel did not. Am I the only one doing the math here?
barkers crest
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:01:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I hear you loud and clear.

Doing a sequel to Avatar Legends is something that has bounced around in my mind from time to time. Right now the Golf game will keep us busy for another 6+ months (release and support).

In the mean time I love hearing ideas on what we could work on after that.

Keep in mind, a lot has changed since the original Avatar Legends release. Tons of content creation games have came out (minecraft clones and derivatives) and peoples expectations of what and how they like to build has changed.

I'm curious what everything thinks an Avatar Legends sequel would need to have in it to compete in 2017-2018 timeframe.
lilchro2010
#5 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 10:49:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: barkers crest Go to Quoted Post
I hear you loud and clear.

Doing a sequel to Avatar Legends is something that has bounced around in my mind from time to time. Right now the Golf game will keep us busy for another 6+ months (release and support).

In the mean time I love hearing ideas on what we could work on after that.

Keep in mind, a lot has changed since the original Avatar Legends release. Tons of content creation games have came out (minecraft clones and derivatives) and peoples expectations of what and how they like to build has changed.

I'm curious what everything thinks an Avatar Legends sequel would need to have in it to compete in 2017-2018 timeframe.

Apparently it'd have to be an MMO in today's standards. If you found a way to tie in RPG elements with Seasonal Expansions with Monthly updates, with a system that rewards based on time / skill. Maybe certain specialized armor for your avatar to wear around aka destiny. + a simple but well rounded story / multiplayer creator. With a file browser for the creative to share their stories and have a featured monthly campaign and let the owner win a cool armor / title to carry throughout. Maybe have creator competitions for Xbox live / currency once every season. A coop horde style gameplay from AL1, and maybe a competitive CTF / Slayer game type. Where teamwork trumps individual skill. But mostly a file browser for these user submitted content would be great. Including a monthly featured would spread the love too.